| Buying a Home?
Here Are the Basics.
If you know what to expect – and you have a trusted team of real estate and mortgage-lending professionals to guide you – finding and financing your first home can be an exiting and rewarding experience.Here’s what you need to know:
Obtain Mortgage Pre approval Before you Begin House Hunting
- Learn how much home you can afford
- Strengthen your bargaining position with sellers
Choose a Real Estate Agent
- Ask mortgage lenders to recommend agents they work with
- Select a reputable professional who’ll listen to your needs and make you feel comfortable
- Ask agents for references from former clients
Find the Right Home
- Determine the needs of you and your family
- Create a wish list of desirable features
- Take notes as you preview homes
Make an Offer
- Your real estate agent presents your offer to the seller, who will accept, counter or reject it
- When the price is settled, you and the seller sign a Purchase Agreement, defining the terms of the sale
Have the Home Inspected
- Hire a professional home inspector after the offer has been accepted to provide an in-depth look at the basic systems of the house, to reveal any safety hazards and give you a chance to reconsider the deal
The Home will be Appraised
- An appraisal, required by your mortgage lender, is a formal, written estimate of the home’s current market value
Obtain Title Insurance (where applicable)
- This guarantees that the property you are purchasing is free of liens or confusion in rights of ownership
- The policy insures against any losses to the property that result from defects in the title or deed
Close on the Property
- Ownership of the property is transferred
- A closing agent coordinates and distributes all the paperwork and funds
And you become the proud owner of your new home!
Whatever your home financing needs, we’re ready to help with a broad rnge of programs, money-saving options and personalized service.